- Completion of 40 hour Property & Casualty and/or Life, Accident & Sickness pre-licensing course.
- Passing score on Life, accident and sickness examination.
- Completion of form GID-103.
- Submit the filing fee. See GA DOI for latest fee schedule.
- Waiver of pre-licensing course and examination can be granted if applicant holds CLU or designation. Must attach copy of CLU or designation with application.
- Waiver of pre-licensing course and examination can be granted if applicant was previously licensed for same lines in prior home state; license in that state must be active at the time of moving to Georgia, applicant must attach original clearance letter from prior home state and must apply for licensure within 90 days of the date of the move to Georgia.
- Applicants who held an active license a minimum of 12 months for the same line(s), within the last 12 months in former resident state
- Applicants who completed the pre-license education requirement for the same lines of insurance in Georgia within the preceding year
- Applicants who hold a CPCU, CLU or designation
- Applicants who have completed at least 10 quarter hours (or equivalent) of insurance-related courses at an accredited college or university
- Applicants holding a PhD in insurance
- No exemptions from the variable life requirement
- What pre-license types do RS Thomas Training Associates offer training for?
- Property & Casualty/Claims Adjuster and Life, Accident, & Sickness
Getting Your Georgia License
The State Department of Insurance designed screening questions in a book called the Candidate Handbook, to establish a standard for insurance agents. Every potential student should review this book. Click here.
Click here to download the State of Georgia Insurance Licensing Candidate Handbook (January 2011).
Immediately after the completion of your 40 hour course, you will be awarded a certificate of completion by RS Thomas Training Associates.
Give RS Thomas Training a call at (770) 933-4199 and we can provide a certificate of completion for up to one year after your course completion. Two methods are available: email $7 and postal mail $10. Credit card, money order and check are accepted and must be paid in advance before a certificate is issued.
Many insurance companies are hiring students who successfully pass the state exam. Students can begin looking for an insurance position immediately or
For questions regarding Licenses; Continuing Education Hours; Working outside the State of Georgia, etc., contact the Agents Licensing Division by telephone at 404-656-2101 or 800-656-2298 (toll free), or visit their website at www.oci.ga.gov/Agents.