Vice President, Business Development
Wanda Gurley Thomas is currently the Vice President of Business Development for R. S. Thomas Training Associates, Inc., a professional management and development consulting firm, located in Atlanta, Georgia. Prior to this position Mrs. Thomas served as the Executive Director for the National 8(a) and Small Disadvantaged Business Association, Inc. (Formerly, Region IV 8(a) Contractors Association, Inc.), headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
She was formerly a Regional Sales Manager for the Procter & Gamble Company for 12 years. Prior to that position, Mrs. Thomas spent 15 years with the Federal Government in various capacities of management with the following federal agencies FBI, General Services Administration, U.S. Department of Education and Department of Army (FORSCOM).
Mrs. Thomas has served on several boards. The Cowboy of Color Museum, Fort Worth, Texas, Fort Worth Chapter of Sickle Cell Anemia, and as a Charter member of the Procter and Gamble Corporate Board for Blacks in Sales.
Mrs. Thomas’ business affiliations include:
- The National Association of Female Executives
- National Association of Executive Directors
- the Georgia Chamber of Commerce
- Atlanta Association of Insurance Professionals
- National Council of Women in Business
- Lifetime member of the National Council of Negro Women
- Member of the NAACP
- Supporter and member of Atlanta Friends of Morehouse School of Medicine
Other Social/National Affiliations:
- Just Good Friends, Inc. (Atlanta Charter Member and served as President of the Atlanta Chapter (2002-04)
- JGF, Inc. National 2nd Vice President (2003-05)
- Carrousels, Inc. (served as Atlanta Chapter President, VP local Chapter, and the Chair of the National Nominating committee
- Sophisticates, Inc. (Recording Secretary (2005-07) and Correspondence Secretary (2007-09)